So, I know it has been a while. I am mostly healed from my carpal and cubital tunnel surgery. I have my left side done in about a week, on March 4. Can’t wait to be done with those surgeries.
I saw my podiatrist, she decided that since the walking boot wasn’t working for my Achilles she would put my foot and ankle, actually it goes up to me knee, in a cast!! I am on my second one. There wasn’t any improvement in the first two weeks so now this second one I have to wear for 2 more weeks, then go back and see her. I’m guessing either she will put me in a new cast for 2 more weeks or we will talk and schedule surgery. I just hope I can walk on it when she is done. I don’t think it is just a simple case of tendinitis, I think it has more to do with my osteoarthritis. I think it is just tearing it apart. There could be a bone spur there too, who knows. I have developed so many of those in my life.
I missed my appointment with the new rheumatologist. I’m still mad at myself for that. I went to the school and did Monday folders, just like I do every Monday, or Tuesday. It was in the afternoon before my husband noticed that I had an appointment written on the calendar. Of all of the appointments I could forget about, I can’t believe I forgot about that one. I called the office to make a new appointment, I was sure to let the lady know that I actually REALLY wanted to be there. Now I have to wait until like May to see him. I plan to call and see if they get a cancellation but with the time it takes to get in to see him, I’m not expecting that to happen.
Also, I have apparently been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. From what I understand there are some rules that go along with this award. These are the rules I have been told about.
1. Display the award logo on your blog. (Check)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. (I think I’ve accomplished this a few times)
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
The person who nominated me writes a wonderful blog on here called bipolarbetty2. She is a great friend of mine, her name is Amanda and I thank her for thinking this blog is good enough to even nominate, not to mention you have to pick 15 people to nominate as well, which can’t be easy. lol
So, now I need to state 7 things about myself. Let’s see if I can think of at least a few things I haven’t already said on here. I know some are going to be repeated though.
1. I suffer from more than one thing that causes chronic pain.
2. I have a seven-year old daughter that means the world to me.
3. I married my high school sweetheart. We have been together since January 2 of 1999. We got married on October 30, 2004.
4. I have had 7 surgeries since December of 2005. I have 2 more coming up, one of them is in about a week.
5. I’m always tired. I could take a nap everyday, sometimes I actually do. There are days that I actually can’t stay up, I basically sleep all day.
6. I need to file for disability. I’m 3o years old and can’t work. I can’t stand all day, I can’t sit all day. I can’t do anything for hours.
7. When I have to go shopping I have to use a wheel chair or scooter. I can’t shop without it because I can’t make it through the whole store without it. This is the thing that I feel worst about. I’m only 30. Why do I have to live like this?
I also am supposed to nominate 15 other people and notify them that I nominated them and what the rules are. I’ll take care of that later.
I hate that I am constantly complaining. I do have a lot to be thankful for too. I couldn’t do it without my family. As much as I hate it, even my daughter helps me. I think it’s great that she is so caring and willing to help but, I hate the fact that I need her help sometimes. I am supposed to be taking care of her, not the other way around. I can’t wait to get my cast off and have everything go back to normal. I need to be able to do some things and with this cast on I just can’t. I think I’ll feel better when I can walk.
I will make a post later with all of the 15 people I am nominating for this award. For now I am going to rest.